Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Showbiz Kids



Okay so my very friendly neighbor told me that they offer free classes in one of the clubhouses, one of which is hip hop. So I went and found out when and where so I could take the girls thinking this is soooo up their alley. I stayed and watched and the class began with a lecture about professionalism. Apparently Oakwood is the place to stay if you are trying to break your kids into the Biz because this class was kind of a hip hop class and kind of audition prep. At one point after teaching the dance the instructor said "OK me and Rori are casting a movie and we will pick two boys and two girls per group." I knew when he said this that one or all of the children I brought would not understand that he was pretending. All the girls were in the first group and the choreographer picked Sage and Cricket and then the Activities Director picked Asha and Tilly. Pfew. When it was over Tilly was the only one left standing. Of course Asha broke down because you guessed it, she thought it was a real audition.
Next the teacher asked them to break into groups of four and gave them five minutes to make up 5 counts of 8. Now I am not bragging but ours was the best. I wish I would have thought to record it, but everyone loved it. It was really cute. Good opening and closing.
When we left the girls were all so excited. They loved it and thought it was so fun. I thought it was fun to watch and funny that when they were leaving the teacher said to a group of kids, "Good class everyone. Now go get jobs this week."

0 comments: