Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Oh the Humanity

Yes that is blood all over Sage. We were riding the Log Ride at Knott's Berry Farm today. I was in back with Dewy and Zaya and Tilly & Sage were sitting infront of us. There is one point in the ride where you go down a hill and then there is a sharp turn all in the dark. Right after this point in the ride Sage let out a scream of terror and then started crying. When we got in the light, I asked Tilly what happened. She said she hit her tooth. She cried the rest of the ride (not very long). Just as we went down the last big slope I could see that there was blood on her hand. When we got to the bottom I asked her to turn around so I could see. THERE WAS A LOT OF BLOOD. It was all over her chin, running down her neck, and all over her hands and arms. (I am thinking oh crap she knocked her tooth out). It probably looked like more than it was becasue I am pretty sure it was mixed with a lot of slobber. We got off and the ride operators went into emergency training mode. They called the EMT's and had us sit down. They gave us some paper towels and I cleaned her up to where I could look at what was bleeding. She had hit the bars you hold onto and bit her lip really bad. It stopped bleeding pretty quickly and by the time the Knott's Berry Farm Police arrived we had everything under control, but she was ready to go home. She was pretty brave actually. She stopped crying as soon as she heard EMT. I think it scared her because she kept asking what that was. Only a parent can know the gratitude that comes when it's just a bit lip (and didn't knock their teeth out).

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

She might have been excited if it meant a few bucks from the tooth fairy.