Sunday, December 28, 2008

Fun in The Snow?

Jon decided to take the older girls sledding while we were at Katie's (yes I do believe that he just wanted to go himself). Katie and I were happy to let him volunteer for such an activity and gladly took Dewy and Zaya shopping and out to lunch. About an hour into there excursion, he called me with a hysterical Cricket screaming in the back ground. Apparently shortly after this video was taken, Jon took Sage down the hill and as he was coming back up he heard a ruckus. Cricket had gotten bossy and was yelling at Asha who decided that rather than take her crap she would punch her in the face. Cricket's reaction was of course to punch her back (later telling Jon, "What was I supposed to do just let her punch me? I had to give it back to her." What a peacemaker!) Another nearby sledding father had to jump in and break up the fist fight that ensued. It's a good thing that ski gloves are so puffy.

2 comments:

DnD Gibb said...

Boy,the ski, sledding and ice skating trips have real choice memories. Roller skating was my thing growing up so when I last tried ice skating, I had a real hard fall that nearly broke the ice. Never again, and my back has never been the same.
You are such great parents to be so involved with the kids activities. Now the fist fight? What was it all about? It is a sign of true sisterhood love and has probably made them even closer.
As for Jon or any parent--the outbursts and decisions of our children help us to give up all pride--the road to perfection.

gibbj2 said...

That's freek'in hillarious. It reminds me of a time Jon socked me one also after sledding while pulling him on the three wheeler up A.F. Canyon.
Retaliation, don't get mad get even, Crickets got it.