Friday, December 19, 2008

Before and After


Okay so it turns out my new hobby as of late is making graham cracker houses. Who knew? I made them for Tilly's class a couple months ago and then again for activity days last week and then again yesterday for the girls to invite friends over. The last one is actually something we do every year and it seeems to become more of a production everytime we do it. I had thirteen girls making graham cracker houses in my kitchen today and let me tell you there was no shortage of drama this afternoon. "She is playing with my friends." "They won't let me play." "I don't want to play that." "I'm in charge here." "No you're not missy sit your butt down." (Can you guess which one belonged to Cricket?) I guess it is better that it was crazy than for them to not have any friends, but here is a word to the wise who have yet to reach this stage with their daughters: The more girls you have in one place the more feeling there are to hurt.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How do you do that? Me and the girls tried to make them but i have never made frosting so I could not get them to stick together. So I gave up and told them to make grahm cracker cookies.

gibbj2 said...

So its going to get worse with this third. I am all girled out right now.

Dana G said...

I used to do this with my Culinary Classes--Not any more! IT was just too much work. But, the kids sure enjoyed making them.

DnD Gibb said...

You are awesome. 12 dozen Mexican painted cookies is what our family frosted and decorated for the neighborhood cookie exchange. It was quite a task and a mess and lots of feelings. Great memories though.