Thursday, May 21, 2009

Zaya and the Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad Day

I was outside filling up water balloons and the kids were standing in the open doorway because it was so hot. They started yelling something about a hummingbird. I tuned them out figuring they just saw a hummingbird. Then Sage ran to the door and said "There's a hummingbird on Zaya!"

I said "On her?"

"Yes it's on her"
Then I saw Zaya through the blinds, screaming with her hands up. Jon ran toward her and a hummingbird flew onto his pants and then out the door and on its way. I rouge hummingbird had flow into my house and landed on the one child who is already terrified of birds.

Then while I was at the Kindergarten Water Day, Jon was watching the kids. Dewy became territorial over his powerwheels four wheeler and bit her.


Then we went to Fiesta Fun after school and Uncle Daniel and Uncle JP took all the kids on the bumper boats except for Zaya because she was too little. She was so sad, crying and saying "I ride." Then she spent the entire ride walking up and down the gate yelling "Daniel".

On a side note, the trip to Fiesta Fun was I think worst for Daniel who treated all the kids and then once he was on his bumper boat with Dewy asked me if I could catch his phone. Apparently, however, I couldn't because he threw it to me, I missed it, it hit the fence; shattered into three pieces; and all three pieces flew into the bumper boat pool. Sorry Daniel. If anyone has an old T-mobile phone that they are using, send it to me that my burden of guilt might be eased.

P.S. Don't ask me to catch anything, ever.

1 comments:

Dana G said...

this all happened in one day?? Poor you! Makes life interesting. As for Daniel's phone, we could all use a little time away from them!! We miss all the fun! Love you all...