Thursday, May 14, 2009

Go Back to Work!


So Jon has begun to work four tens, which is great! He had Friday off but spent the day pouring concrete. Then we went to Cricket's softball game. Saturday and Sunday were our usual busy schedules with me working. Plus my sister was in town so on Mother's Day we went out to breakfast and then went swimming. (I know that is breaking the Sabbath, but Mother's Day is really hard for me so judge not.) Then I went to work Sunday afternoon. Jon had Monday off because he has to work this Friday at a Fire Marshall Training. He insisted that we go boating for the first time this summer. After boating we went straight to softball practice and then to his Staff Carnival. We were all exhausted and made it there late and barely in time to eat. (I have never had a hamburger with less meat on it by the way. Seriously people, "Where's the beef"?) After we ate dinner, we waited in line for the kids to ride this train of crates being pulled by a golf cart. When the train pulled up the line went to hell and every kid within the vicinity bum rushed the train. I was yelling at a mob of about twenty strange children for not waiting in line, but to no avail. My children had to wait in line again. I hate stuff like that where people just let there children run about uncivilized and unsupervised. My kids have been around me too much because they were about as thrilled as I was. Tuesday morning Jon stayed home again so that I could go to Cricket's field trip. He was dying to get back to work. He hasn't had that kind of time off since he graduated from college and he could barely stand it.
I told him that I wanted him back at work too, because I couldn't seem to get anything done with him at home. But alas I have come to realize that he is not the problem. I just can't seem to get anything done at all. I have been trying to clean my house all week and it is still a pig pen. I have to run and cook dinner for my kids (including Daniel and Fiti). In other words, I have to go not clean my house.

2 comments:

Jill said...

I have always wondered ... what does Jon do for work? Is he still construction? But whats that FireMarshall stuff? I am so confused.
I love hearing about your family. I also wanted to wish you a happy mothers day ... you have been a mother since your childhood ... I TOTALLY look up to you. I love you.
By the way - are you guys planning on going to the Bowman family reunion? I would love to be able to spend some time with you guys!

Jaylene said...

sounds like tons of fun!! and good luck with the cleaning of the house; mine is ALWAYS a pig pen...