Thursday, October 9, 2008

The Huntsman Senior World Games

It has been a busy week. Jon got out of the hospital on Monday and Cricket absolutely had her heart set on performing in the opening ceremony of the Huntsman Senior World Games. (Her dance studio organized part of it this year.) We went to practice on Monday and the Ceremony was on Tuesday. I was down on the field pretending to help, but mostly I just stood there with a microphone in my ear like a total poser. Anyway I watched as they were split into groups. Gymnastics: Cricket jumping and raising her hand frantically. "I take gymnastics." Jumprope: Becoming more frantic, "I'm in the jumprope club." Hoola Hoops: Even more frantic still, "I know how to hoola hoop." So you might be asking where did she end up. I was distracted for a moment and I found her sitting in a group with all the smallest kids there. I said, "Did you get put in ring-around- the-rosies?" She rolled her eyes and said, "Don't ask." It turns out they needed someone who looked little, but was older and could be in charge and show them where to go and what to do. This is of course right up her alley she is quite bossy. Tilly was too scared at practice and went home with Daddy, but when she found out she could wear make-up, she changed her mind and came with Cricket. It turned out being cool, because they got the spotlight right on them, when the singer came over to their group and they ring-around-the-rosied around him. Jon surprised me and brought Dewy to watch for a little while. Here is a picture of Jon grooming his son to be a band nerd, just like his daddy. (Just kidding Jon. We all know you were only part nerd.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rude to Jon. This post is really shows off Cricket and Tilly's personality.

DnD Gibb said...

What a fun event. It is amazing what you get involved in. You must have done a great job. Tilly is beautiful in her makeup. As for the band, Mom used to cry when Jon was marching by. It meant so much. Jon, you didn't look like you should have been in the hospital. But it gave us a scare too. We know the pain is real though. Hope the pinched nerve can be corrected.

gibbj2 said...

Jon, if you are a nerd I hate to know what I am or was. Love ya.