Thursday, April 22, 2010

Hang ups?

I have discovered that being a mom has it's advantages and it's disadvantages and sometimes they are one in the same. For instances as a mom I have learned to ignore being constantly tugged and pulled on. This week I was in the bathroom getting ready and Dewy was yanking and pulling on me and I was ignoring him. Did I notice when he hung a child's hanger on the back of my pants? No. Did I notice it was there as I walked around the house cleaning and watering the garden? No. Did I notice when I got in car to go run errands? No. Did I notice when I went into my place of employment to pick up my paycheck? No. As I got back into the car, I sat on something and it was all caught in the seat. Dewy was dying laughing. He had obviously seen me get in and out of the car with a hanger hanging on my bum. He said, "I put a hanger on your butt." Thank you, son for keeping me grounded.

2 comments:

DnD Gibb said...

After seeing Jon today, we knew we had to do better on keeping up with your blog. You are doing great on writing. Such choice entrees. Oh, we love those kids and all that they are made of. They "make the world go round." Love,

Jaylene said...

how funny is that! i mean, for those of us who didnt experience it first hand :) what a funny kid