Thursday, September 11, 2008

What's that you say?

Last night, after Tilly's bath, I was cleaning out her ears. When I looked in one I saw some weird looking wax. It kind of looked like a piece of paper. Well after asking a few questions and her totally bursting into tears, Tilly finally admitted to putting a piece of paper in her ear. It was really tiny but there was no way I could get it out without hurting her so we went to the doctor today. Our Pediatrician is awesome and had it out in no time, but it really wasn't all that little. It had to have taken up her entire ear hole. Afterwards I asked her if she could hear better and she informed me that she really couldn't hear anything with it in there. (By the way I am not sure how long it was actually in her ear. I do know it was at least a couple days.)
The moral of the story is: The next time it seems like your kids don't listen to a thing that you say, you might just want to check their ears. Who knows what they have shoved inside there.

3 comments:

Jaylene said...

ha ha thats funny! and im glad its not just my kid who does that. karter seems to ALWAYS have something in his ears!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you got it out! I wish I could figure out what is in Ashas ear cause she never listens to me.

Short Family said...

Too Cute! I checked out Zach's ears just incase that was his problem. He gave the 'look' and then informed me that I was the one who never listens. This could be true... but I would never admitt to that!